Good morning and so sorry this post is late! On the bright side? You’ll get two recipes full of pumpkin goodness today!
This recipe was easy and super delicous! No baking involved, just freezer time! By adding the frozen whipped topping, it makes the pumpkin cheesecake so velvety. Like a little pillow!
For the crusts:
1 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (or graham cracker crumbs)
3 T dark brown sugar
6 T unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
1 – 8 oz package cream cheese, softened.
1 – 15 oz can pumpkin or fresh puree
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
1/2 T vanilla extract
1/4 t salt
1 – 8 oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. For crusts, in a large bowl combine crushed vanilla wafers, dark brown sugar and melted butter. Mix until well combined. Split the mixture between the 18 muffin cups and press the mixture down into the bottom of each cup. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, for filling, in a large bowl and using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until creamy. About 2 minutes.
4. Add pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt. Beat until combined. Fold in whipped topping.
5. Spoon 1/4 cup pumpkin mixture into each chilled crust. Smooth tops with the back of a spoon. Freeze at least 1 1/2 hours.
6. To serve, remove tarts from muffin cups. Serve frozen.
We made these for a family gathering and they were a huge hit! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
Recipe from America’s Best Pumkin Recipes magazine.